Position Vacancy: County Party Treasurer
The Democratic Party of York County is seeking a Treasurer to maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt including overall leadership of the cash management, debt management and investment management functions of the organization. The Party raises funds to support candidates, to assist in electing quality Democrats throughout the county and to support the day-to-day operations of the party. This position will oversee all incoming contributions, pay financial responsibilities and oversee the fiscal health of the organization Reporting directly to and working closely with the Chair of the Democratic Party of York County, this position is a part of the County Party’s Leadership Team (officer) and will be an active member of the Executive Committee of the County Party. Additionally, this position will work in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Fundraising in order to meet budget goals, project future revenue and establish solid fundraising efforts for the party.
REQUIRED: You must be registered as a member of the Democratic Party.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle receipt, banking and protection of organization funds
- Assist with the development of an annual budget for the organization and create long-term projections based on organizational needs and upcoming campaigns
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs
- Maintain an efficient system of policies that adequately control treasury activities
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and campaign needs
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Management, or another relevant field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in organizational financial management• Proficient with financial software systems
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing tasks to meet goals and deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Windows based computer application and database management.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is subject to approval of appointment by the Executive Committee of the Democratic Party of York County
Resume and letter of intent should be submitted to the DPOYC no later than Saturday, August 1, 2020.
Resumes may be submitted via email to [email protected] or sent via mail to:
Democratic Party of York County, 135 South Duke Street, York, PA 17404